Being a “Friend of ACC and PCUK” is a way of supporting the work of the Association of Christian Counsellors and its sister organisation Pastoral Care UK. This category is open to anyone who is interested in our work – for example you may be:
• A retired counsellor or
• Involved in a related sort of work, for example, life coach, medical professional, clergy, chaplain, youth worker, teacher or
• In a Christian ministry that values the link to a Christian organisation that provides high quality training that aids them in helping others, or
• None of the above and you’re just interested in supporting ACC and PCUK.
Some benefits of this Friends category are that you will regularly receive Accord our quarterly magazine and have access to the discounts for ACC events nationally and regionally. In addition you will be supporting the only Christian organisation that holds an accreditation from the Professional Standards Authority.
In return we ask that you:
• Pray for the work of ACC and PCUK and
• Support their vision by promoting them to your contacts,
• Encourage other Christian counsellors you know to join ACC and telling your friends, your church and other Christian groups about PCUK and the wonderful opportunities to improve pastoral care through its work and training events.
• We also hope that some of you may offer some voluntary help/time to your regional team at local events or perhaps the Head Office in Coventry to aid the work centrally.
You can join this category by clicking on this link and then scrolling to the bottom of the new page and using the drop downbox to select Friends (you will once chosen have to scroll down to the bottom of the page again to see the application form.
Please note: this membership is not a professional membership category for active counsellors/pastoral carers – as it is not suitable on its own as a professional (practising counsellors) membership, for getting on the ACC Accredited Register or becoming, for example, a Regional Trainer for PCUK.