Join ACC Membership.
ACC has a range of membership categories that you can join and these are clearly illustrated in the table by clicking on this link: Membership Categories table
Once you have decided which category to join
- Go to the “Select Group” box at the bottom of this page.
However to become a Registered Member please click this link and go to the bottom of the page and scroll through the list in the dropdown box.
- Use the drop down menu at the bottom of this page and select the membership type that you wish to apply for.
- Then press the blue Confirm Group button. It is very important that you select the correct group because if you select the wrong one you will be entered in our database incorrectly, your membership will be delayed and you may pay the wrong amount.
- Complete the form about yourself or your organisation and then you will be asked for payment details.
- Questions will include whether you wish to have an entry on Find a Counsellor (a free benefit to some members): Counsellors, Supervisors and Affiliated organisations only may choose to advertise, for no additional cost, their services on this facility. This is different from being on the Accredited Register. It is not permissible for organisations to be on the Accredited Register as only individual members can apply for this status. If you have any questions about this please email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If applying for Registered or Counsellor (overseas only) memberships you will be asked a number of safe practice and disclosure questions to which you must answer Yes or No.
- When these questions are answered correctly we can then proceed with your membership – it is also very important that you do not press update/submit until you have answered ALL the safe practice questions.
Once you are member of ACC as a counsellor (UK and overseas) it is possible to proceed to become accredited as a counsellor, supervisor, or manager. See our Accreditation pages for details under Professional Development.
Please note that your membership includes a copy of our quarterly Accord magazine at no extra cost.
Counsellors (both UK and overseas), Supervisors and Affiliated organisations only may choose to advertise for no additional cost, in 500 characters (including spaces) or fewer, their services on Find a Counsellor. This is different from being on the Accredited Register. It is not permissible for organisations to be on the Accredited Register as only individual members can apply for this status. If you have any questions about this please email: (email@example.com)
If you are renewing please log into the members only (login) section and click on the renew button next to your membership type when it appears at the time of your renewal date (approximately 30 days before renewal date).